Re: [K12OSN] Redhat 7.3 ltsp 2.1.0

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 06:50:31PM -0500, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
> I used the list Dan sent me and sure enough, it didn't ask for disk 3, but it hung up on disk 2 this time saying it couldn't mount the cdrom drive. I used the cd's to set up my main ltsp server fine. I changed out cdrom drives but it does the same thing. I burned a whole new set of cd's and still, the same thing. I installed 2.0.2 perfectly, and using the original drive. Perhaps I will try to upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.1.0 tomorrow. I really think it has some teeney tiny thing to do with redhat 7.3 and my hardware. I'll play some more tomorrow.

did you checksum both the images and the cdroms?
(checksumming the cdroms only works if burned in dao mode)

You might try burning them at a slower speed.
I have a burner that started producing flaky burns when used at 8x.
They could always be read by the burner but some older cdrom drives
would give me errors.
4x works fine.

Good luck.

Chuck
p.s. as someone mentioned later in the thread a network install might work.
you don't even have to copy the files off the cd.  Just put all
isos in that dir then export it via nfs.