[K12OSN] hyphenated names

Hey gang,

I'm curious about how other districts are handling the creation of logins
for students with hyphenated names. We've got a couple of scripts that take
information from our SIMS db and create .txt files for import through
Webmin. After running it and checking the .txt some of the logins would be
kinda wierd.

"Best practice" for SIMS data entry has been to use the name on the birth
certificate first, but if that would be different than the parents name...??

BTW - We are using 1st initial last name logins.

Michael

--
Michael Williams                   Instructional Technology
Haywood County Schools          216 Charles St. Clyde, NC 28721