[K12OSN] Default Font Path Error

Using K12LTSP 2.1.0 with a Compaq Prolinea 466 client (3Com ISA NIC, CL5434
video), it appears that it is going to boot Xwindows but ends with the
following error:

_FontTransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno=111
Failed to set default font path 'tcp/192.168.0.254:7100'
Fatal sever error:
could not open default font: 'fixed'

I thought it might be some firewalling issue blocking port 7100 so I flushed
all the ipchains rules (how do I get them back to the K12LTSP standard
now?), but that didn't help.  It boots at Runlevel 3 without any problems at
all, which is great but I want a GUI!  LOL!

I had this system working under previous versions of K12LTSP so I'm not sure
where the change lies.  Even using my old custom XF86Config file does not
work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

James Jensen
"Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess
ourselves.". -- JRR Tolkien