Re: [K12OSN] Finding out your rom set.

On 16 Jun 2002, Luke Dubber wrote:

>How do you find out your NIC/ROM type? I am on www.rom-o-matic.net And I
>don't know what my NIC/ROM type is? can any one help me or tell me how
>to find out... Possibly find out on a Windows?
>
>Luke Dubber

I'm windows-free(TM), so I'm guessing here... try right-clicking on
Network Neighborhood, click on properties, and then see what driver is
loaded.

The old-fashion method is to pop the case off and look at the card.

Once you have an idea what the make/model is, you can look it up in
the etherboot's database http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/db/
(this link is listed at the bottom of the rom-o-matic site)

The etherboot database is indexed by both chip manufacturer and vendor,
so if you can determine either the brand of the card or can figure out who
made the main chip on the card, you should be able to trace it to the right
driver.

-Eric