Re: [K12OSN] Fact or Fiction?

anthony baldwin wrote:

OkAY,
I have been using Linux for a couple of months now.  I have tried four different distributions and two different printers and still have not successfully printed one single document.  I am beginning to believe that printing with Linux is a myth.

I still get a locahost bad msg when I try to print.
I have altered etc/hosts according to all of the advice I have been given and still have no luck.
I have posted error msgs, etc/host files...
I'm lost...

Ok, ya poor sod. Lets start from the beginning.

What Distros do you have available for install ?

Which Distro would you *like* to install?

What type of printer do you have, and what language does it speak ?

How is the printer connected to the PC ?

ciao, Steve.