Re: [K12OSN] Missing app found: "Access" for OpenOffice.org

Christopher Hopp wrote:

I came across this earlier this evening, at PCLinuxOnline:
http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2460

The linked PDF describes how to use OpenOffice.org as a MS Access-like front-end to MySQL (I imagine you could do the same with PostgreSQL, with some tweaking). I already had the necessary components (OpenOffice.org, MySQL + client, MyODBC, unixODBC) installed on my Red Hat 7.3 box, so installation was a snap. It took me all of about 15 minutes to get it up and running. Beautiful. I haven't thoroughly tested it, but everything seems to work okay.

Yep, I got it going here with PostgreSQL. Have a go at using the LDAP database too.. (from inside O-O.)

Not too shabby ay..

/sw