RE: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

Hi Yancey,

Thanks for your prompt response.

At 10:15 PM 2002/6/18 -0400, you wrote:
> CONS - how can the client save its work on its own machine
> (e.g. - a student needs taking his work home which is a
> sizable file unable
> sending the same via Internet nor saving the same on floppy.
> It is also
> not convenient going to the server to get it)

Hi to all. I am new to this list and new to LTSP. My thought on this is
to use a Zip or LS120 drive for students to save files to locally. If it
could be done to a floppy then wouldn't it be possible with some type of
removable media?

How can a Zip or LS120 be plugged onto a diskless workstation without setting. Do you have any idea ?

If setting is required than there will lot of work because students may own Zip or LS120 of different spec. Unless the school forces them to buy the same model or supplies them at free.

Stephen