RE: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

Hi Yancey,

At 10:42 PM 2002/6/18 -0400, you wrote:
This of course adds to the cost of a system and I am not sure of what compatibility
issues would manifest themselves when sticking an ATAPI Zip drive into
an old computer.

I used ATAPI Zip in Windows environment before connected to parallel port. Setup is required to install its driver.

I have no idea in Linux. If setup is required how can we proceed on a diskless workstation. Unless we can make use of the server then each student shall have a folder in the server to setup his own Zip

Stephen