[K12OSN] Re: HDD imaging using Ghost or Linux....

Greetings All,
Ghost. I make sure the machines I purchase come with a version, I use 5 mostly, its short and sweet. I use a partion tool and make two partitions on a HD c: and d:. The c: drive holds windows and apps and the d: holds ghost and an image of c:. When a teacher has a problem, he/she can F8, go to DOS , d: ghost "load a partition from and image, and that's it new machine. Works like a charm. Yes the initial setup is a hd to hd ghost times x machines BUT this is done during Summer, or cp the image to the network and cp it to d: - - takes a while the image could be as big as 2gig. I don't let images change much during the school year. You can have a new machine in between periods and you make that teacher a little more independent of the IT department. Plus you give that teacher a little confidence in front of their students cuz they can fix anything the kids mess up.

Just my $.02 worth,

Tom Ventresco
Austintown Local Schools