[K12OSN] Is Win4Lin Free or do you have to pay?

Win4Lin- http://www.win4lin.com is US $89.99/$99.99 is not free and neither is VMWare-http://www.vmware.com is US $299.00/$329.00!

Your alternatives for a Virtual Machine are:

Wine- http://www.winehq.com Free
Lindows- http://www.lindows.com/ Implementation of Linux with Wine but is not free
Codeweavers- http://www.codeweavers.com/home/ Costs involved!- http://store.yahoo.com/codeweavers-wine/index.html

Run a Windows Terminal Server on a dedicated Micro$oft PC and use rdesktop to connect. I also believe that you can use rdesktop to connect to WindowsXP/Pro but someone with more knowledge will have to comment as I do not run WinXP. This solution and Win4Lin and VMWare all will require some sort of Micro$oft licensing.

You could also run TightVNC Server- http://www.tightvnc.com/ on your Windows Machine and vnc into your box thereby remote controlling your Windows box. I would recommend that if you do this, you should tunnel the connection through ssh. Putty- http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ can do this very nicely!

HTH!

http://groups.google.com is your friend!!!

Thank You and have a nice day!

Regards,