Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux Texas update...

At 05:50 AM 6/19/2002, you wrote:
Greetings, one area that might get more attention is administration.

I don't have a school that I am currently involved in, but I did find these links to things that might be applicable. Has ANYONE on the list tried any of these??

School admin from the Shuttleworth foundation - open source....includes attendance, personnel mgmt, curriculum, AP,AR,GL, etc.
http://www.schooltool.org/
K12ADMIN software
http://k12admin.cmsd.bc.ca/
The Shadow Network for Schools - Frequently Asked Questions
http://sns.internetschools.org/info/faqs/index.cgi

"SchoolMation is a free, simple to use, robust, Web-based education management solution. Remotely accessed through a standard Web browser, SchoolMation can run on a school's intranet or the Internet. With the click of a mouse, authorized users have immediate access to informative data including: student details, attendance, academic records, course information, lesson content, homework assignments, and more. Users can produce customized lists, helpful graphs and perform a variety of valuable education related tasks that traditionally only happen "off-line". Since it is 100% Web-based, SchoolMation works on any computer (Windows, Macintosh, Unix) which supports a modern Web browser." (License: GPL) http://www.schoolmation.net/

There may be others, but these are the ones I found quickly. Can anyone report on their use / applicability??

Kirk