Re: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 1:11 pm, Petre Scheie wrote:
> Now, as I've said, I've not tried this in an LTSP environment, but if a
> floppy in the terminal can be made usable, I'd think a CD-RW could too,
> even though it's on a different bus.

I would think the problem with this is not the hardware, but the software.
Zip/floppy disks are easy to mount, write, unmount without anything too hard.
But what about CD-RW? Maybe a script that write the entire contents of the
home dir to a CD automaticly? Unless someone has some new file system module,
it will never be quite as easy because it wont be the native filesystem.

Jay