Re: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

There are several graphical front-ends for burning CDs available for Linux,
some of which allow for drag-n-drop cd creation.  At my last job, I setup a
burner and eclipt roaster on a linux box under my desk, and then had all the
Windows users run it via Exceed.  They loved it because they just brought up
Eclipt, and clicked on the files they wanted from their home directory, which
the linux box was NFS mounting, clicked on the "Burn CD" button, and then
they just walked over to my desk and I handed them the CD (I generally just
left a blank one in the drive so they could make CDs even if they didn't tell
me about it in advance).  So, I think it can be made to be quite easy for all
levels of users.  You are correct in that it would be done through a separate
application rather than through the regular file manager, whichever that is.
But I don't think that would be too difficult for most people to understand.

I'm still not certain if it will work with thin clients.