RE: HDD imaging using Ghost or Linux.........WAS........RE: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

Hi Josh,

Ghost was orignally written here in 'lil 'ol NZ. The guy got a very good
offer from Symantec so he sold the prog to Symantec.

Prior to the Symantec purchase Ghost would work across a network. Symantec
created two versions Enterprise and Personal, at least that's what we get
over here.

Software sold in the U.S. is not necessarily the same as the international
version/s. You only need to look at the MS encryption issue. In the U.S 128
bit but only 40 her in NZ. This may have changed, but it has happened.

The school purchased Norton system works 2001, because the cost for
enterprise was prohibitive $?000, with minimal discount for education.

That's why I can't get it to work across the network.

Cheers,
Bert