Re: [K12OSN] roaming profiles in Linux

> Can you point me to a how-to that shows how to make a Linux box
> authenticate to a server instead of to itself?

With K12LTSP, you are doing the whole thing on the server. It simply does
the equivalent of X -query which says to just display whatever would be
displayed on the host you are connecting to, including the login messages.

To log in to a box using passwords on another box, look up PAM (Pluggable
Authentication Modules) in Google.  It's pretty powerful stuff.  You can
do Kerberos, NT domain authentication, LDAP, NIS, and it even has a nice
interface for writing your own.

Jon