RE: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

1) Using something like Yahoo's briefcase, email has nothing to do with
it. Yahoo gives 30MB free. I am sure that there are other free online
storage out there as well.

2) Of course the burden is increased, just like copying a file from the
server to a local drive. The burden just happens to be on a different
segment.

> Petre's suggestion is a good idea.  I have been using CD-RW for
> sometimes.  It is very convenient and economical because
> reusable.  But it
> is not easy to manage,  The new CD-RW of speed 4X - 10X
> cannot be used in
> those old CD-Writers of speed 1X, 2X and 4X.  This is still
> my headache

Except the student would then be required to have a CD-RW drive at home
if they want to bring files in. That is no different than requiring a
Zip etc. I have never had a problem using new media in older drives or
older media in newer drives.

-Yancey