[K12OSN] Get the word out

I'm glad some one was able to attend NECC and talk about Linux. I was at last year's show in Chicago and thought it would have been a great opportunity. I think every one of us can do our part to see that Linux becomes part of education. Since I have decided to use Linux I have contacted many vendors asking when (not if) their Linux version of software will be available. If we all did this maybe vendors would see the potential and provide Linux versions. Remember how vendors responded when we introduced Windows into an all Mac world? Now there are only a handful of Mac only programs.

Mark

Mark Carrara Technology Coordinator School District of Gilman Gilman, WI