Re: [K12OSN] roaming profiles in Linux

To expand upon David's question...

My school is spread across several buildings, and to reduce the
amount of traffic across the network, I will be setting up K12LTSP
servers in several locations. Heavy-use computer labs will have their
own (or two), and there will be other servers for teachers and for
support staff. So, the "profiles" would need to be on a different
(central) server. Also, to complicate things a little further, I would
like toput all student documents on a different server altogether so I can
easily back up that server and so they can be reached by all servers
and by all different types of workstations (Macs, Win9x, Linux). Has
anyone done this? I know that LDAP is one option, but I am hoping
that there is a "secret" How-To that someone can point me to.

Joe