RE: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

Hi Stephen,

Bert here....more below.....

> I am not interested talking about running MSOffice, PhotoShop, IE, etc on
> Crossover.  We have similar applications on KDE and GNOME.  My concern is
> whether some special software can run on Crossover such as :
> - ArchiCAD
> - TurboCAD
> - FloorPlan
> - 3D Home Architect
> - Home Design
> - Auto Sketch
> - 3D Studio Viz
> - Lightscape etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but theses are all IMSI products.

My experience with IMSI software is very good.
I have noticed that IMSI software is generally better behaved on Windows
than MS products!

Unless the programs use ActiveX, they should run in a Win4Lin session. I
realise cost is an issue. It was more cost effective for us to use Win4Lin
than going down the MS Terminal server path.

Cheers,
Bert