RE: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

Hi Bert,

Read your response with pleasure.

At 11:12 AM 2002/6/21 +1200, you wrote:
> I am not interested talking about running MSOffice, PhotoShop, IE, etc on
> Crossover.  We have similar applications on KDE and GNOME.  My concern is
> whether some special software can run on Crossover such as :
> - ArchiCAD
> - TurboCAD
> - FloorPlan
> - 3D Home Architect
> - Home Design
> - Auto Sketch
> - 3D Studio Viz
> - Lightscape etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but theses are all IMSI products.

My experience with IMSI software is very good.
I have noticed that IMSI software is generally better behaved on Windows
than MS products!

Unless the programs use ActiveX, they should run in a Win4Lin session. I
realise cost is an issue. It was more cost effective for us to use Win4Lin
than going down the MS Terminal server path.

You are correct. Some of those applications mentioned are IMSI products. They are quite expensive. I would not move one step to run them on Win4Lin or other similar software unless I am 100% sure they work. Then I may consider. If Win4Lin has a trial version, maybe I will try if time allows.

I am always interested to find their alternatives in Linux environment. My explanation has been given in my reply to Kirk's posting of today which I shall not reiterate here.

Thanks

Stephen