RE: [K12OSN] Pros and Cons of diskless

Hi Stephen,

> I download Win4LinTM Desktop 4.0 Download Version
>
> NeTraverse installer.tgz
>
> Is it the right one ???

Yes it is. You will need to get a serial number from them before the
installer will work. It downloads the kernel and several other patches from
their website. If you have a slow connection this may take some time.

I'm using ADSL so this isn't an issue for us.

If you are running behind a corporate firewall the installer may not work
correctly. You will have to check up on their website for the exact fix,
there are two different resolutions.

I had to add a special FTP port to my proxy server, and even then it was
flakey.

Try e-mailing them for a trial version. Amanda Owens should be able to
assist.

> >One of them mentions a trial version at the bottom of the page. It also
> >has an e-mail address.
>
> Sorry I can't discover this page.

It is in very samll print at the bottom of the Win4Lin page from memory,
but it could also be the NSSE product page. Basically it is an e-mail link
to someone at Netraverse.

> I also tried to locate the trial version of Crossover without result.
 Have
> you got any idea whether there is one.

Can't help with this. We already had Win4Lin when this product came out.

> Thanks
>
> Stephen

Cheers,
Bert