Re: [K12OSN] Exchange type of program....

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:38:50PM -0700, Cornerstone Christian School wrote:
> Howdy... maybe a bit off topic but we are in the midst of setting up an
> Windows Exchange server here for in-house communication as well as
> internet. Is there a similar program that is for Linux and people are
> using?
> We have our calendar's shared for certain people and I have yet to find
> and app that does what Outlook and Exchange can do together.

> I would REALLY love to move to Linux from M$ for this. I know there is
> Sndmail and a few other type of programs out there as well as Evolution
> which is a lot like Outlook, but doesn't appear to have the all the
> functions of Exchange and Outlook.

Horde is a web-based system that provides many of Outlook's best features
(email, contact lists, calendars -- automatic virus execution not
included).  There has also been some work on providing Linux tools that
integrate directly with Outlook and/or Exchange, but AFAIK they're all
commercial.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer