Re: [K12OSN] libpng12.so.0?

Hello I am trying to find this for my K12LTSP it is libpng12.so.0 i cant
find it on rpmfind.net do you know were to get it? some of the software
i am trying to install well a lot of it needs this but i can't find it.

Luke,

Did you find the answer? I was out last week and just getting through my email today.

I did a little sniffing around my box and didn't find the library libpng12.so.0 but there is a package libpng-1.0-12-2 that's included in the RH 7.3 rpm's (and supplies some libpng libraries). libpng is installed along with lots of different packages.

doing a rpm -ql libpng-1.0.12-2 on the package shows what files it loaded onto the system.

/usr/lib/libpng.so.2
/usr/lib/libpng.so.2.1.0.12
/usr/share/doc/libpng-1.0.12
/usr/share/doc/libpng-1.0.12/CHANGES
/usr/share/doc/libpng-1.0.12/README
/usr/share/doc/libpng-1.0.12/TODO
/usr/share/doc/libpng-1.0.12/example.c
/usr/share/doc/libpng-1.0.12/libpng.txt
/usr/share/man/man5/png.5.gz

digging through the docs on libpng there is a website http://www.libpng.org that may have more information.

RedHat provides a great rpm called rpmdb-redhat that when installed allows you to do a query for a particular file like:

rpm --redhatprovides filename

and it will report back what package installed or not provides the filename. It is particular about filenames and doesn't support globbing, or shortened names. It also only works for those packages on the 3 RedHat CD's. libpng12.so.0 did not show up when I searched the RedHat db.

Good luck

Scott
Scott Sherrill
Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools
Hancock, MI
http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us