Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP/RedHat differances..

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, J. Lucha wrote:

>I know the K12LTSP CD's are based on RedHat 7.3 with all the updates up
>to the date of release, but are all the modified RPMS labeled with ltsp
>in the package name?
>
>I'm curious for a couple of reasons.
>
>1.) I already have RedHat 7.3, and it would be faster if I just download
>the modified RPMS and apply them.

<disclaimer> This is not supported, but... </disclaimer>

WARNING: make sure you have good backups before you try this!

grab all of the RPMS with *lts* in the name and install them.

Also be sure you have these packages installed:

	caching-nameserver-ltsp
	dhcp
	dhcp-ltsp-config
	tftp-server
	nat
	root-desktop-urls

After installing all of the packages, run this script and reboot:

	/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/K12Linux-LTSP-initialize

Be sure that eth0 is set to 192.168.0.254/255.255.255.0 and your local area
network connection is on eth1. Otherwise read up on the docs on the changes
you need to make.

There are a bunch of other packages, such as Open Office, that you will
probably want to install as well.

-Eric