Re: [K12OSN] WYSE terminal Newbie Q

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 2:28 am, Ash Green wrote:
> On these there's a seperate RJ45 socket adapter thing that's bolted onto
> the serial communication port ... so theoretically a 10/100 mb hub should
> be able to deal with it - although I've aware that may well be a terribly
> naieve statement.  I'll give the suppliers a shout and find out what they
> were playing with.

The RJ45 is also a serial connection, using the same connection type that
many routers and switches use for "management console."  While Hubs all use
the the standard for Ethernet (802.1 I think, anyone know?) and thus will not
be compatable. Most serial plugs that are RJ45 use all 8 connections, while
ethernet only uses 4 of them.

Jay