Re: [K12OSN] Customizing Available Programs

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Paul Williams wrote:

>Many Thanks, Eric.
>
>I'll do as you suggest.  So it is neccesary to remove
>IceWM and reinstall it before customizing?  I may want
>to use some of the KOffice apps,  in which case I'll
>just make changes to the IceWM menu items - dooes that
>sound right?
>

>Thanks again!
>-Paul Williams

The IceWM package that is installed by default automatically merges in the
KDE and Gnome menus. If you don't want the full KDE/Gnome menus to show, you'll
have to remove the icewm-gnome package and install the icewm-default package.
You can still have KDE/Gnome applications on the menu with the icewm-default
package, but you have to manually specify them (using the iceme menu editor)
rather than having all KDE/Gnome apps automatically merged into the menu.

I hope that makes sense? ;-)

-Eric