RE: [K12OSN] WYSE terminal Newbie Q

As other have said, this is an adaptor to put serial over twisted pair wiring. It was done for ease of installation, and is NOT ethernet! Careful!

Kirk

At 01:28 AM 6/26/2002, you wrote:
On these there's a seperate RJ45 socket adapter thing that's bolted onto the
serial communication port ... so theoretically a 10/100 mb hub should be
able to deal with it - although I've aware that may well be a terribly
naieve statement.  I'll give the suppliers a shout and find out what they
were playing with.