[K12OSN] Re: Greetings from Philippines

Hello Arnel,

Congrats on getting your server up and running.

It sounds like your saying that your system works well when there are
less than 16 clients but when there are more things slow down?

Two things come to mind. Are you using a 10 base network or a 100base?
And, how much free memory is there when all 16 clients are logged in? 1
gig of ram can be used up pretty fast and then your server will start
using swap space. When that happens, yes things will slow to a crawl.

Hope this helps...

;-) Paul
PS. the address for the list is k12osn redhat com
Let me know if you need help with your subscription.

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 21:11, Arnel G. Pastrana wrote:
> hi nelson,
>
> this is arnel g. pastrana from philippines remember you have sent your
> free gamma1?
> now im running the 2.0 full versioin.
>
> I was joining the listserver again but i have a problem sending message
> to kosn redhat com i dont think its working.
>
> I have a problem in my workstation.
>
> i have finished updated my computer lab to 25ws diskless run a k12ltsp
> server 2.0
> my server spec are:
> processor= pentuim 3 1gz
> 1gb = RAM
> 40gb = Hard drive.
>
> the problem is  when 16 workstation are all connected or running  it
> seems like hanging
> or freezing. it takes a long time to appear.
>
> God bless!
>
> Arnel:)
> Computer Instructor
>
> www.aiias.edu/elem
Paul Nelson................... pnelson riverdale k12 or us
Riverdale School, 11733 SW Breyman Ave, Portland, OR 97219
school (503)636-4511.....................fax (503)635-6342
Riverdale Web Page......... http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us