[K12OSN] Squiud Guard/Dan's Guardian

I know that SG is the recommended choice for Internet protection. How
does it compare to Dan's Guardian (have to find it)? I have heard it
does a good job as well. I need not only sight blocking, but also
content filtering and I have heard that content filtering might not be
so easy on Squid.

Anyone out there that knows both and can make suggestions? I am less
than a month into playing with Linux but my current Internet protection
(thru ISA and 3rd party program) has worked VERY well, but with budget
cuts it has to be looked at. Licensing for 3rd party runs out July 11th
(thankfully kids are out of school until Sept 3)...

Thanks in advance.

Shauna