Re: [K12OSN] Northwest Computer Donations from the IRS

There is a million square foot warehouse at the Denver Government Center that collects all government agency used computers. These are available twice a year, free to all public institutions. I have the application forms to be sent in to apply for these, if anyone is interest - email me directly.

The only caveats are that 1)you are a public institution 2) you can be there on the specified viewing/selection day and 3) it is "cash and carry" only - you have to haul the stuff away - the cash is $0 if you meet #1. Viewing is sometime in August or early September in Lakewood, CO, a few miles west of Denver. Companies can participate as well (on a different day), bidding on the remaining pallet lots.

We did not take any, as local companies provided more desktop computers than we knew what to do with - over 100 machines - that we had to be selective and turn stuff away! There is also a senior organization locally that collects and refurbishes computers free to the public school system - check with your local senior center.

Last time I went, there were over 2000 PALLETS of computer gear, much of it as good or better than what I run at home....

Kirk