Re: [K12OSN] Lost root password

Do you have sudo configured (I've forgotten the obvious before)?

(sorry this is vague, but I'm not near a Linux box of the right vintage)
Reboot the box.
When the blue screen comes up, follow the directions to get into edit
mode.  Add the word "single" to the end of the kernel line.  Follow the
instructions to boot it, then reset the password.

Jim Wildman, CISSP                                      jim rossberry com
http://www.rossberry.com