RE: [K12OSN] Fw: Squid is slow

Hi Caleb,

I'm working from memory here (what I've read so far).

More below.........

> > I'm scratching my head on this. I'll send a message out to the
listserv.
> > Perhaps the problem is you're running squid on the same box you're
running
> > terminal services on. I don't know if that's the case, but I have heard
> some
> > squeaks about squid needing to be on a separate box. I'll let you knwo
> > something as soon as I figure something out.

>From what I can remember, SQUID on the same server can be bypassed in
certain circumstances.

What speed is the internet connection?

What are the terminal specs. I ran into a weird one on my Win4Lin test
machine (P75, 16MB ram, 100mbps nic). When I tested on the office machine
the problem went away (P133 48MB ram, 10mbps nic). So go figure.

Can't think of anything else.

Cheers,
Bert