Re: [K12OSN] SquidBlock Community Idea

Hi Warren,

> I had an idea to create a community website with PHP and MySQL that would
> allow users to create accounts and submit URL's for inclusion into a
> squidGuard blacklist.  I envision this to have the following features:

this is a very ambitious project i would honour (i'm not a coder).
Maybe you should talk to the guys at swelltech.com, they planned
something similar months ago (afair www.penguinfeet.org - at the moment
empty)

> * Many database categories.

difficult topic. Better not more than a dozen (let's take the default
squidGuard for a start)

Do you follow the squidGuard mailing list?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=squidguard

Right now we are in a discussion about how to manage contribution of
whole lists.
Also have a look here:
http://cri.univ-tlse1.fr/documentations/cache/squidguard_en.html#contrib