[K12OSN] EMail Client

Off topic a bit, but I have one application that is holding me back from totally making the shift to LINUX - a decent email client.

Now before I get a bunch of mail about the benefits of one vs. the other, I'd like to state my specific requirement - one that, IMHO, should be the standard way that email clients work.

I want an email client that strips attachments from email and places them into a defined folder - I want to manage file in a file manager, not an email package! OK, keep the link in the email, so I can get a context reference for it, but it is totally frustrating, that, every time I need to edit some file someone sent me, I have to go to the email and save it out as a file - something that the email client should have taken care of in the first place.

This is the one and only reason that I am a fervent user of Eudora - it does exactly that.

Not a person issue, but something of personal interest.....
The other thing Eudora does that would be a MAJOR boon for corporate email, is that anyone defined in a Eudora workgroup only gets a link to a file that is moved to a shared directory. Anyone outside of this workgroup gets the file. Radical decrease of bandwidth, and much easier configuration management of files (OK, so this is something that Exchange does too, but who wants to manage THAT!)

Any suggestions?

Oh, yeah, it has to be cross-platform, Windows and Linux (Mahogany?) - I still have to live in the Windows world for corporate consulting.....

Kirk

Kirk