Re: [K12OSN] Lost root password

Another option that I like to have available is a bootable rescue CD,
like SuperRescue (google it).  It has just about all the tools you
might ever need to rescue a system and a whole lot more.  It even
can run X Windows.  Everyone should burn a CD and have it handy
(I burned mine two years ago and it still serves me well.)

-Don