Re: [K12OSN] Accelerated Reader ... how about "TuxSuperReader" ?

AR is a roadblock for us here as well. However, I don't think that, legally, we have any problem on the test materials your wife developed. Copyright law has an interesting caveat for US Public Educational Institutions......

You have a legal right to copy any copyrighted material, for a period of 30 days. How I read this is that you have to "expire" or eliminate the copies within 30 days.

Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified in that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

The complete text of this is in the K12LTSP archive from my post last Sept.

Kirk