Re: [K12OSN] Linux Uptake in K12

David Trask wrote:
...   While OS X isn't open source itself...it's based on
open source "Darwin" and therefore is a Unix based product as well.

The core OS portion is open source, but the entire GUI layer (as far
as I know) is proprietary Apple stuff.

Work on developing for OS X as well...I think it's gonna' take off....

For the non-GUI parts, this shouldn't be an issue. But since the GUI libraries are all proprietary, you're stuck on Apple.

I haven't followed this market, does anyone know if you can easily run
X apps over the native OS X GUI?

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc cisco com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA