[K12OSN] No attachments to list please...

I know that many of us on the list are using Linux to read our mail but
for Windows users a *.reg file can be a dangerous thing. When they are
posted as attachments to the list I get all kinds of warning messages
back about viruses.

Help me keep my sanity and let's not send any attachments to the list.
Post the document on a web server and send a URL instead.

You know, even with virus software and all the updates, I'm still afraid
to read my mail using Outlook on a windows machine. It is SO NICE to not
be in constant fear of viruses now.

;-) Paul << very happy using evolution for email

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 11:52, Ben Nickell wrote:

> If I am understanding what you are saying, you are not doing domain
> logins, you just want windows 2000 to use unencrypted passwords.
>
> The reg entry is in a different place in WIN2000, an file to do it comes
> with the samba docs, check /usr/share/doc/samba-2,2,3a/docs/Registry/
>   replace 2.2.3a with your version.. this is from RH 7.3
>
> I'll attach my version of the file I 'think' you need.

Paul Nelson.............................. pnelson riverdale k12 or us
Riverdale High...........9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd. Portland, OR 97219
(503)892-0722......fax(503)892-0723.... http://hs.riverdale.k12.or.us