[K12OSN] Initial setup

Hello anybody,
    I now have a potential server loaded with K12LTSP, RH 7.3. Will a
dual PII 350 mhz with 512meg RAM and an 8gig hard drive work OK as a
server?  Since nobody in my school district knows anything about
Linux, they give absolutely zero support. Everything in my classroom
that's not donated has to come out of my pocket, so I don't want to
spend any more than I absolutely have to. The machine is already here.
1. Am I correct in my understanding that you can run 1 client for
about every 50meg of RAM?
2. Can I run X on the server at my desk while students use the
clients, or should it be left alone to run server functions only?
3. Where can I find a good HOWTO about what to do step-by-step to (a)
get the server configured properly to begin accepting requests from
clients, and (b) get the clients to ask the server for the right
things?

Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice instruction com