Re: [K12OSN] Quicktime???

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:58, Chris Lehmann wrote:
> More on quicktime...
>
> I know there is a free Quicktime streaming server for Linux... anyone know
> of a way to do *live* broadcasts?
>
> - Chris
Get yourself a copy of mpeg4ip (which works with the darwin streaming server
(ie the "open source" Quicktime streaming server) to Quicktime clients), or
ffmpeg (can stream to windows media player, or mplayer/xine, and doesnt need
Darwin Streaming server) or Videolan (streaming MPEG, is both client and
server - probably the easiest to use._

For simple "video conferencing" I would recomend "Gnome meeting", which is
much easier to use than any of these.
--
Jonathon Sim < jsim free net nz > JabberID: sim jabber com
My GPG public key: