Re: [K12OSN] Math software for high schools?

Try Maxima.  It is excellent!

http://www.ma.utexas.edu/maxima.html

I don't know if it is still under development - the original creator died.
Anyway, unlike Mathematica, you can actually put formulas in in real Math
notation, not Mathematica's own language.  It's not as full-featured as
Mathematica, but I can't imagine it not doing what you want.

I actually used to work for Wolfram Research (makers of Mathematica), so
if you need help getting in touch with people for licensing issues, let
me know.  Mathematica is excellent except that the licensing makes
Microsoft look like the FSF in comparison.

Jon