Re: [K12OSN] request for k12ltsp kernel .config file....was linuxprogress patch

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Barry Smoke wrote:

>Can we get the .config file for the ltsp kernel?  We believe this to be
>the root of our problem.  We would like to take the .config file for the
>kernel that was compiled for k12ltsp,  and apply the lpp patch to it,
>and see where we get.

I don't compile my own terminal kernels, I use the stock LTSP versions.

There is a HOWTO on the ltsp.org site:

	http://ltsp.org/documentation/kernel.html

>Also, what needs to be done to a k12ltsp kernel, vs. a regular ltsp
>kernel...
>is there anything different?
>We are using PXE...
>
>Do you use the ltsp_initrd_kit to prepare the stock k12ltsp kernel?

I actually do the reverse for making the PXE kernels. I take the BOOTP
version of the kernel that LTSP ships and I strip out the plain kernel and
the initrd.

I won't go into detail since it's really arcane and doesn't answer your
question.

-Eric