Re: [K12OSN] News Server

William McCloskey wrote:

Where can I find the RPMS to install a newsgroup server? My Computer
Software class is looking to setup a news group and I want to host it off
our gateway server.

news can be difficult.. Also, there is no way you should allow nntp through your firewall unless you can gaurantee the alt.binaries.s.teen* stuff will not come in.

It is dead-easy to make a mailing list though.. and it's secure. Just install 'mailman' of your install CDset. The best option IMO.

news may be a ball you can't stop rolling, and then one you can't control...

If you go with a news server, do let us know how you get on, though.

/sw