Re: [K12OSN] News Server

Well, I almost have the news server installed, And you are all
welcome to access it. You do have to be inside the PPS "Fire" wall
that is pretty painfull to get though (all be it not impossible). The
address will be bensonhs.pps.k12.or.us and we will be closly
monitoring the server. The point of the news server is for a specific
class to have a common place to post assignments and what not. I dont
really like the idea, and a mailing list is not really suited for the
class.

Thanks for the advice though.

William McCloskey
------------
Benson Sys Admin
> William McCloskey wrote:
>
> >Where can I find the RPMS to install a newsgroup server? My
Computer
> >Software class is looking to setup a news group and I want to host
it off
> >our gateway server.
> >

> news can be difficult..  Also, there is no way you should allow
nntp
> through your firewall unless you can gaurantee the
alt.binaries.s.teen*
> stuff will not come in.
>
> It is dead-easy to make a mailing list though.. and it's secure.
Just