Re: [K12OSN] News Server

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:14:36 -0600, you wrote:

> Why not use a bulletin board that is strictly internal?  If not internal
> than put it up on Binkster or some other free server? I'm like you, I don't
> think that I could be comfortable bring in a news server to our district.

Why not?
There is no need at all to make the news-server peer to usenet.

I personally hate all those htlm-boards, and don't use them. Mailing
lists can also be a pain, but profer access to the info thru a
news-server.

Many places news<->mail integration is done, but there i no problem in
combining with a http interface to a news-server also

It's my plan to combine it in my company using a news-server to
maintain archives of a number of mailinglists. But for those who don't
wanting news-access or prefering a bbs-style access they access the
news-server via a web-page.

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
	Henning