Re: [K12OSN] Trouble with Dell 486 as terminal client

I've seen 2 reasons for the message you got.

1) The vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-6 kernel has a problem detecting total
  memory on 486's and small pentiums.

2) You have less than 8mb of memory.

Could either of the above be true for you ?

Jim McQuillan
jam ltsp org

The Dell has 40 MB of RAM, so #2 is out. #1 sounds promising, as this is a 486 client and that is the kernel I am using. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this kernel can be modified to work with the 486s I have? Is there another kernel that would be more suitable?

Ken