[K12OSN] GREAT article on open source in schools...

Hello Folks,

http://eschoolnews.org/news/current.cfm

For a cool article on Linux and open source in schools. (free register
then download the pdf file to read the whole thing...)

This one will make some waves. Someone should warn writers about letting
BOTH Eric and I get our favorite talking points in one article! ;-^)

Just to set two things straight:
Eric is the developer of K12LTSP. I just get to tell him what we want
and need, then write about it. He does all the hard stuff.

We did pay $10,000 (but only a one time cost) for MS terminal licenses
for our Linux thin-clients because we wanted our kids to have OS choice.
Now, three months into the school year they've made the choice and the
MS stuff is not used much at all. I wish I could take that one back...

;-) Paul
Paul Nelson.............................. pnelson riverdale k12 or us
Riverdale High...........9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd. Portland, OR 97219
(503)892-0722......fax(503)892-0723.... http://hs.riverdale.k12.or.us