From: Steven Santos [mailto:Steven stevensantos com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 11:01 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] a DHCP Question and a user management question...

I have been thinking about placing a K12LTSP server on an existing network.
The problem I have with this install is that it will have to run on a
network with a current DHCP server that can not be removed, and the standard
2 NIC configuration will not be possible due to the arcane wiring and
required terminal placement in this building.  I have found a how-to over at
the LTSP web site [http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/parallel_dhcp.txt] about
changing the port that the LTSP DHCP server responds to, but has any one on
this list done this? Any advice on doing it?

Does any one know if it is possible to have a client make requests on a list
of ports as opposed to a single one (e.g. placing more than one K12LTSP
server on the same network)?

My other question is one that has been coming up on the list quite a bit,
but I can't seem to locate a definitive answer, so I will ask it again.  Is
there any way to:
(1) force a user account to be logged off when it is no longer associated
with a terminal, or
(2) force the first instance of an account to be logged off when the account
logs into the system a second time?

Steven Santos

Email : Steven StevenSantos com
Web   : www.stevensantos.com