RE: [K12OSN] a DHCP Question and a user management

> From: Matt Loretitsch <matt bird-technologies com>
> To: "'k12osn redhat com'" <k12osn redhat com>
> Subject: RE: [K12OSN] a DHCP Question and a user management
> question...
> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:49:19 -0500
>
> Has anyone responded to you about the DHCP thing yet?  I do
> use it here at
> work with an NT dhcp box.
>
> Let me know!
>
> -Matt

Matt,

I have not gotten an answer on this yet.  I think a K12LTSP server is the best
option for the site (weekly newspaper, lots of old P133's around and they really
only need OOo and NS on most of the machines we will be using, although 2 of the
G3 Macs may end up using Scribus as well, but if they do they will likely get
there own app server for it), but I can't replace the DHCP server on this
network, as the contract with the ISP has some funny clauses in it, and the
wiring will not permit the normal 2 NIC setup.  Any advice would be appreciated.

JOOC, aside from myself, how many people are running K12LTSP servers in a
business setting, and what setting are you running it in?  I have it installed
in a law office (soon to be 2, with the possibility of a third as well), an
insurance office, and a combined vets office/insurance billing office (formerly
and still partially a Mac shop) and I am about to try it along in a weekly
newspaper as well.

Steven Santos

Email : Steven StevenSantos com
Web   : www.stevensantos.com