Re: [K12OSN] Just getting started

> 1. I have now set up a dual PII 350mhz with 512meg RAM and 8gig hard
> drive space with K12LTSP runing RH7.3. Am I correct in understanding
> that 512meg should allow about 10 clients?

Unfortunately, for 10 clients you're going to want more RAM than that. Yes,
50mb per client is the rule of thumb, but you need to also have plenty of
RAM free for the server to run the applications.

Give this page a read: http://k12ltsp.org/install.html. It has a lot of
information on what server specs you're going to need to handle a certain
number of clients, and some very detailed How-to's on configuring the server
and clients.

Since you already have your server setup you might as well give it a shot,
but I think you'll find that it won't be able to handle 10 clients, at least
not all at once. 5 might be a better place to start.

-Ben